Monday, April 15, 2019

Lynsey Addario


Lynsey Addario

So far the Lynsey Addario book I've been reading in class has been fantastic. I knew hardly anything about photojournalism before reading this book, and it really opened my eyes to the life of a war photojournalist. The book started off very intense so I was hooked right off the bat. It's a really cool experience to understand and look at what it takes to be in that line of work. It amazes me that she was over there risking her life to show the world how war can destroy a country.  The things she learned like getting closer to her subjects to really see their emotions and reactions to the events going around her. That is the biggest lesson I've taken away from the book so far. You have to get up close and personal to your subjects in order to really capture and tell a story of the subject. I want to try and incorporate this more into my photos when taking images of the students here. My favorite quote from the book is when Lynsey is questioning the work she does and is wondering if it is worth it to risk her life. She says, It is the way we make a living, but it feels more like a responsibility, or a calling. It makes us happy, because it gives us a sense of purpose" (15). I love this quote because it shows the heart of a photojournalist who loves what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment